Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich
Prep 45min, Cook 10min: Total 55min / 4 sandwiches / / Print /
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- ~20 dill pickle slices
For the chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. With your hand flat on top of it, carefully slice the chicken in half horizontally. Trim excess fat as needed.
- In a large ziplock bag or dish, combine chicken, pickle juice and 1/2 cup milk; marinate for at least 30 minutes. Drain well. I like to marinate over night.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In another large shallow baking dish, whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and egg. Stir in chicken to coat and drain excess milk mixture.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, flour and confectioners’ sugar; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Do one at a time to prevent sticking and missing spots.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve chicken immediately on burger buns with pickles.